Friday, January 4, 2019

.RSG. Stage 5 Spec R


.RSG. Design Stage 5 Spec R. 1/5th scale Rear Wheel Drive Drift Chassis.



While still very much a prototype, It's come a long way from the 4WD touring car chassis. The dynamics are pretty much settled to give it a name.


New front end parts and resized wheels to 50mm wide up front opens up the lock, i can actually get over 75 degrees. This is on par with 1/10 scale tyre sizes.

Reducing the width in the front from the 65mm wide tyres and wheels in the rear has really changed the dynamic to what I need.


Revised TE37 still need a little more work on the spoke edges, but for now im kind of settled.

All parts still open for interpretation. I can already see after increasing steering angle that the wipers I'm using need to be repositioned again. But thats all part of the fun.

When I am happy, I'l release all the parts on Shapeways so people can create their own Stage 5 Spec R. or 5R

No comments:

Post a Comment